Spring has sprung and asparagus is in the air. If you’re in need of a quick and easy side dish recipe, look no further than this simple Oven-Roasted Asparagus. All you need are some fresh vegetables, some oil, some seasoning, and an oven.
Oven Roasted Asparagus Ingredients:
- Asparagus– the thickness of the asparagus is up to you, just adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Seasonings- salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- ‘As-is’- simple with just the olive oil and seasoning to let the simple flavors shine.
- Melted Butter & Minced Garlic
- Caesar Style- Caesar dressing, shaved Parmesan cheese, and croutons.
- Balsamic Vinegar & Goat Cheese
This post contains affiliate links.
How to Make Oven-Roasted Asparagus:
- Prep– Preheat oven to 425F. Rinse asparagus to remove any dirt. Pat dry with a paper towel and trim off the woody, tough ends. You can do this with a knife or by bending the asparagus until it snaps.
- Season & Bake–
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and seasonings, toss until each spear is full coated.
- Add asparagus to baking sheet in a single even layer. Add pan to oven and roast for 11-15 minutes.
- The cook time will depend on the thickness of your vegetables. Poke asparagus with a fork to check for doneness. It should be tender but hold it’s shape.
- Serve asparagus immediately as is or with your favorite toppings (See serving suggestions above).
- Try out different seasonings! Sometimes I roast asparagus with a bit of Cajun seasoning or Cavenders Greek Seasoning (that stuff is good on everything).
- Would rather use the grill? No problem! For this you’ll want to choose thicker asparagus. Preheat grill to medium and toss asparagus in oil & seasoning. Add asparagus to grill perpendicular to the grating. Close lid and grill, turning occasionally for 6-10 minutes.
Recipes You Will Also Love:
- Grilled Sweet Pepper Panzanella with Whipped Feta- essentially a bread salad with herby marinated grilled sweet peppers and paired with a salted honey whipped feta.
- Honey Balsamic Pan-Fried Red Cabbage– sauteed cabbage full of creamy rich goat cheese, crunchy walnuts, and a slightly sweet honey balsamic dressing.
- Easy Cheese Stuffed Garlic-Butter Crescent Rolls– come together in just 25 minutes and with only 6 ingredients.
A quick and easy side dish recipe full of spring flavor, Oven-Roasted Asparagus. All you need is fresh asparagus, some oil, and some seasoning.
- Sheet Pan
- Aluminum Foil
- Knife & Cutting Board (Optional)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 2-3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1/8-1/4 tsp garlic powder Optional
- Prep- Preheat oven to 425F. Rinse asparagus, pat dry, and trim off the woody tough ends. You can do this with a knife or by bending the asparagus until it snaps.
- Season & Bake- line a baking sheet with foil. Drizzle asparagus with olive oil and seasonings, toss to combine. Add asparagus to baking sheet in a single even layer. Add pan to oven and roast for 11-15 minutes. The cook time will depend on the thickness of your vegetables. Poke asparagus with a fork to check for doneness. It should be tender but hold it’s shape.
- Serve asparagus immediately as is or with your favorite toppings.
Follow me on Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious recipes and tips for RV Living!
This post may contain affiliate links. By posting a product through these links, I may receive a small commission. Please know, I only suggest products that I have used and love! Thank you so much for your support, it helps me keep Must Love Garlic up and running!